Re-gathering announced for June 21st at 9:00 AM at International Falls Evangelical Covenant Church
We are pleased to announce what many have been waiting for: Our congregation has been carefully following federal, state, and local directives in order to safeguard health, and these directives now allow us to re-gather within certain limits and safeguards noted below.
After prayerful and significant deliberation, the church leadership, pastors, and staff have selected Sunday, June 21st, as our day to re-gather with worship at 9:00 AM.
We will be together, but not in the same way.
The state allows us to worship within guidelines, and any departure would jeopardize future gatherings, so your cooperation is essential and appreciated!
Here are key requirements:
- We request that you wear a face mask (masks available at the church), and that you maintain distancing of 6 feet at all times. Hugs, handshakes, or other close contact are not allowed.
- Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes before the service. With 6 foot distancing in place, wait in the narthex to be seated (like at a wedding). Ushers will assist you.
- The following restrictions must apply:
1) We will not serve coffee or treats;
2) We will not offer nursery or child care;
3) We will not sing as a congregation, though music from leaders will be part of the worship service;
4) We will take turns using only the downstairs bathrooms, one person at a time;
5) Offering will be received at a box as you enter or depart;
6) We must leave the building as soon as the worship service ends, at which time the entire space will be carefully cleaned for the next use.
“Church Without Walls” has had a significant on-line presence that will continue. Our re-gathered services can be viewed on Facebook, our web page, and local TV. We can also be heard on 91.9 FM. We strongly encourage any who are uneasy or of compromised health to not attend. You have the full support of the church leadership to stay away until attending is right for you. Also, if you or a close contact have any symptoms of illness, please refrain from attending.
COVID-19 is a fierce enemy, and with God’s help and our mutual care, we will all come through this with a deeper appreciation for many aspects of life we have taken for granted – including regular face to face worship. May God watch over you and bless you in all his ways!
The leadership team, pastors, and staff of the I Falls Covenant Church